We are always looking for an easier way to maintain our pool. Especially during the current chlorine tablet shortage. Luckily, we have better options.
Saltwater systems are the best approach if you are looking for an easier pool with softer feeling water. While they are not necessarily cheaper than a traditional chlorine pool, they generate a softer, more natural form of chlorine for you. This takes away the need to haul and store big buckets of chlorine tabs and avoid the shortage and unavoidable cost increases associated with regular chlorine. Keep in mind that you will still need to balance your pool water properly and address some unique needs that saltwater pools have.
- A salt cell generates unstabilized chlorine which means it diminishes rapidly when exposed to sunlight UV rays. SunShield® Stabilizer shields against sunlight to extend the life of generated chlorine and minimize cell run time.
- The process a cell uses to convert saltwater into chlorine contributes to higher water pH every time a cell runs. pH Reducer corrects high pH to protect surfaces and equipment.
- The environment within a cell can cause chalky white calcium-scale deposits to form on a cell’s wall over time, decreasing the chlorine output. Scale Defender protects against damaging scale for efficient, long lasting cell performance and Cell Cleaner removes built-up scale to restore cell to peak performance.
- Chlorine is effective at killing bacteria and algae, but creates unpleasant by-products when it reacts with contaminants like sweat, sunscreen, or fertilizer. Chlorine-Free Shock Oxidizer eliminates contaminants for clear, fresh water.
- Saltwater pools need to have water balance levels tested on a regular basis just like traditional chlorine pools. Balance Test Strips ensure proper water balance for the best swimmer comfort, equipment protection, and sanitizer efficiency.
- The amount of salt in a pool and the amount of chlorine being produced are independent of each other. Adding more salt to the water (above what is recommended in the owner’s manual) does not improve efficiency or increase the generation of chlorine. Salt Level Test Strips ensure correct salt levels.
- Salt pools are still subject to algae growth and it can easily bloom in warmer temperatures and suitable water conditions. The constant supply of chlorine helps prevent outbreaks, but when conditions overwhelm the chlorine levels, Algae Remover is needed to eliminate the problem.
Use BioGuard’s SaltScapes products to keep your pool water clean, clear, silky smooth and your equipment running at peak efficiency. SaltScapes is made specifically to address the unique needs of your saltwater pool.
To make things even easier, try BioGuard Mineral Springs.
The Mineral Springs Program
The Mineral Springs system utilizes easy-to-apply minerals and a chlorine generator to produce a chlorine sanitizer. It takes only five minutes a week to maintain – in fact, once you’ve begun the system, you only have to add the Renewal® product once a week and balance as needed. That’s it!
BioGuard’s Mineral Springs Program is ideal for:
- Pools equipped with any chlorine generator
- Frequent travelers or vacation-takers
- Those looking for the luxuries of a mineral pool
- Pools of any size or surface
Three easy steps!
- Beginnings® – A proprietary blend of minerals added to pool water at start-up
- Renewal® – Replenish mineral levels and adjust pH, keeping the water soft and clear
- Stain and Scale – Add once at the beginning of every season to protect your pool and salt cell from scaling
Our team at Advanced Spa And Pool are BioGuard Certified Salt Pool Experts and happy to help you choose the best maintenance system for your pool and lifestyle. Call us A.S.A.P. for a quote!